International Educators Conference in Kansas City, May 31 - June 4
NAFSA 2010 ANNUAL CONFERENCE & EXPO
NAFSA's annual conference is the best chance each year to hear from and talk with the leaders who are influencing "The Changing Landscape of Global Higher Education"
Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, June 4, 2010
Kansas City Convention Center
201 West 13th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
2010 Plenary Speakers
* Salman Rushdie, a literary and cultural icon, will be speaking at the opening plenary of the conference. Widely considered one of the most talented and controversial fiction writers of our time, Rushdie is known for creating captivating stories that challenge official historical, political, and religious doctrine. Currently the Distinguished Writer in Residence at Emory University in Atlanta, Rushdie is an influential advocate for human rights and artistic freedom Tuesday, June 1, 4:15 pm to 6:00 p.m.
* Nicholas Kristof, a passionate advocate for human rights, peace, and social justice, is a writer and journalist. Kristof travels the globe to report on the most pressing moral issues of our day. His career at The New York Times has spanned over 25 years and earned two Pulitzer Prizes. Kristof and his wife Cheryl WuDunn have coauthored three books, most recently Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide Wednesday, June 2, 10:45 am to 12:15 pm.
* Nathaniel Kwabo, a respected voice for peaceful conflict resolution and the defense of human rights in his native country, Liberia. From 2007-2010, he served as executive secretary of that country's Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC), which provided a forum for victims and perpetrators of atrocities committed over nearly 25 years of civil strife to voice their experiences and contribute to national peacebuilding efforts Friday, June 4, 12:30 pm -2:30 pm
Online Tools to Help You Plan your Conference Experience
* The NAFSA Expo Hall features exhibitors representing hundreds of organizations from around the world, including colleges and universities, study abroad and intensive-English programs, embassies and government agencies, and more. Plan ahead with this interactive map.
* Complete topic and panelist information is ONLINE NOW for the more than 200 conference session offerings. Visit the NAFSA Conference Pages.
With nearly 10,000 members, NAFSA: Association of International Educators is the world's largest nonprofit association dedicated to international education
For more information about the conference, please see: