7 Things to See in Peru

by Anevay Darlington / Jan 08, 2014 / 0 comments

Peru is one of the best places on Earth for enjoying the outside - mountains, fresh air, beautiful scenery, blue skies, and more.  There are so many things to do! My mom and I spent a lot of time in Cusco sitting on a bench in the Plaza de Armas concentrating on our Spanish homework, enjoying the people watching and colorful flowers, instead of sitting inside. 90% of the time my mom and I spent in Peru, we were doing outdoor activities and… having a blast!

7 things to see in Peru

In the video below are 7 of my favorite outdoor things to do in Peru. Whether it involves sitting on boats, trekking, or walking exploring the sites...I guarantee you will love it!

Maras is a little town located in the Sacred Valley, known for its salt pans. It is an amazing place, and you should definitely buy some salt to bring home!

Lake Titicaca was amazing, windy, and a great experience. You can learn more here (including what I ate!).

Machu Picchu...oh my. Hiking to the Sungate was beautiful, and watching the sunrise over Machu Picchu was definitely worth the hard trek up there.

Tambopata (an area of the jungle in Peru) was probably one of my favorite places I’ve ever been. It was here where I got over my fear of bugs (mostly), saw monkeys, and ate the most amazing bananas I’ve ever had (I’ve made a vow not to have any more bananas so I don’t forget the ones in the jungle).

Peru = Amazing Experiences

Take a look…

Anevay Darlington is a member of the Youth Travel Blogging Mentorship Program

Photo courtesy and copyright Anevay Darlington